BulletProof Security Plugin- Must Have Security WordPress Plugin
WordPress is an Open Source program and it can be easily targeted by hackers due to a lot of security holes. To tighten WordPress security you must have some essential security plugins such as BulletProof security.
BulletProof security is really a must have security plugin for WordPress. This WordPress plugin denied access to several folders of WordPress. Hackers are usually target the folders without an index file and in these folders they can see the content of folder.
BulletProof security plugin blocks directory access in WordPress and thus it makes the security really bulletproof.
BulletProof Security protects your WordPress website against XSS, RFI, CRLF, CSRF, Base64, Code Injection and SQL Injection hacking attempts. One-click .htaccess WordPress security protection
Features of Bulletproof Security
- One click .htaccess file security
- It protects WordPress against XSS, RFI, CRLF, CSRF, Base64, Code Injection and SQL Injection hacking attempts
- .htaccess backup and restore option
- Edit and upload files
- WordPress readme.html and /wp-admin/install.php protected with .htaccess security protection
- wp-config.php and bb-config.php files protected with .htaccess security protection
- Protects php.ini and php5.ini files
- Deny access to directries
- Website Developer Maintenance Mode (503 website open to Developer / Site Owner ONLY)
How to configure Bulletproof Security
It is moderately easy to use this plugin and you need a little caution. Follow this guide to use this amazing security plugin.
- Install and activate the plugin ( see the guide how to install a plugin )
- Go to Plugin control panel
- Here in tab “Security Modes” first create secure .htaccess file using AutoMagic Button
- Now enable Bulletproof mode in four sections as shown in figure
Done! Your WordPress blog will be fully secured
You can also create backup of your .htaccess file