How to Update Swift WordPress Theme with New Version
Swift Premium is the fastest loading SEO optimized WordPress theme for professional bloggers. This theme is developing rapidly and it is getting new features month by month. Its developer is working on it very fast. Every month this theme gets many new tweaks. So if you are a member of Swift Premium theme you need to update your theme many times. Swift does not have any option to update it via theme option panel and you can only download new version by login your Swift member area.
If you try to install new version via WordPress dashboard it denies you to replace existing folder and if you delete the existing installed Swift older version, all your settings and customization will be lost.
How to upgrade to new version of Swift without losing settings
- It is very simple to update Swift. Just download the zip file of new version of Swift
- Extract it on your PC
- Now rename the extracted folder other than Swift such as Swift33 or something else
- Now create zip file of renamed folder
- Go to WordPress dashboard > Themes > Install Theme > Upload > and install this zip file
- Activate the installed theme
- You will see that the new version will import all options and customizations automatically after activation
Now you can delete the older version Swift