Video Tutorial- WordPress Migration with BackupBuddy
Migration of WordPress to a new server with BackupBuddy is the easiest and safest way. Moreover it takes least time in comparison with other methods. BackupBuddy creates a password protected single php script ( importbuddy.php) which automate complete restoration process on new server. I have created a very easy to understand video tutorial on how to use BackupBuddy to transfer WordPress from one to another web hosting.
First Step- Creating Backup and importbuddy.php
- Create and Download full backup to your PC
- Set password for importbuddy.php in BackupBuddy settings
- Download Importbuddy.php to PC
Second Step- Updating DNS and adding domain to new hosting
- Update DNS/Name sever to new hosting in your domain panel
- Add domain to new hosting ( no need to add if domain is primary in new host )
- Wait for DNS update
3rd Step- Creating Database and Restoring Backup on New Hosting
- Create a MySQL database and user in new hosting
- Upload backup archive and importbuddy.php to the domain folder
- Now open importbuddy.php in browser ( http://yourdomain.com/importbuddy.php)
- You will be prompted to enter password for importbuddy.php. Enter password.
- Now wizard will show uploaded backup in dropdown.
- Simply click on next and the backup archive will be extracted
- Again press next button and enter the database information and press next
- Database dump will be imported automatically
- Check blog url in new tab and if everything is fine then delete backup files as shown in video.
Check the every step in video very carefully.
If you have script running error, contact your hosting support and ask them to make server settings compatible with BackupBuddy
Best BackupBuddy compatible Hosting- HostGator